Sunday, November 18, 2007

Delicious and some RSS stuff

I've been playing around with del.icio.us and it was quite fun! Mostly because I have a lot of bookmarks and haven't really browsed them in some time but I sure found a lot of cool things I'd forgotten about. You can check out my bookmarks here:

http://del.icio.us/davelewishpl



Some are not for the faint of heart and some may offend, so forewarned is forearmed ;-)

While browsing through my bookmarks I found a couple of web sites related to RSS, so I thought I'd pass them along:

RSS Builder --- free ---
RSS Builder is an easy to use program to create RSS news feeds and podcasts for your web site. It provides a simple interface that lets you add topics, links, content, and enclosures, then publish the RSS (v2.0) feed to your web server, using the built-in FTP client.

http://home.hetnet.nl/mr_2/43/bsoft/rssbuilder/

I also came across this one:

Creating an RSS feed of the books you have checked out of the library

http://ruk.ca/article/2290

Sorry about the weird fonts, that's how it looked after I cut and pasted the info from the web sites. I haven't tried either one yet. If you try them, let me know how it went.

1 comment:

Dave Lewis said...

Just a quick update. Both of the RSS items are a little geeky. I will be playing around with them but maybe not a lot